|Instagram Photo Diary: @sweetsandhearts|
Summer is just about over (even though it may not feel like it over here for another month or so), so I thought I'd share a little bit of what I've been up to lately.
(Left to right, top to bottom)
1. I spent a day at the Queen Mary with my sister and my best friend. We all have a weird love for the creepy and the weird, and were curious about all the stories. We didn't see any ghosts during our tours (dang!), but we did have a lot of fun. It's a really beautiful ship with a fascinating history (and even more fascinating ghost stories). I'd love to visit again.
2. I went to my second Fashion for Breakfast at Cecconi's in West Hollywood. I've been really enjoying these events! It's a wonderful opportunity to network, have some great food, and listen to fashion professionals talk about their amazing jobs. The guest speaker for this one was Sara Wilson, the Strategic Partnerships Manager for Instagram and Facebook. Cool job, huh?
3. The Flock Together blog may be dead, but the friendships sure aren't. Sammi came all the way from New York to visit Ashley a couple of weeks ago, so we got to meet up! We went to The Gentle Barn, a place that rescues and rehabs animals, and got to pet cows, pigs, goats, and all kinds of other animals. We also had cupcakes in PJs. It felt like a slumber party, but better because nobody woke up with whipped cream on their face. Sammi is even sweeter in person (and her hair was impeccable). Being able to meet with internet friends in real life is probably one of the best things that has come out of blogging. Side note: I've never met a Flock Together girl I didn't like. They're the best. Seriously.
4. Calligraphy is something that I've been curious about for a while (all those beautiful illustrators' Instagram feeds may have gotten to me), so I signed up for a workshop with Julia Mattox of Luminous Lines at the new stationery store in Valencia, Pom Paperie. Oh my! It was a lot harder than I thought it'd be. I didn't realize it was such a slow and deliberate medium that requires a lot of patience (I tend to rush through things). Being left-handed made it even trickier, but I managed. I just need to practice more and work on my own style.
5. Here's my attempt at a Brigitte Bardot inspired ponytail. Just some volume (I puffed up the top and clipped it with a small butterfly clip), my long bangs pushed to the sides, and left messy at the ends.
6. A rainbow sprinkle donut from Krispy Kreme. Devoured in seconds.
7. I went thrifting and lunching with Tamara last weekend. We stopped by Playclothes and marveled at their large selection of gorgeous vintage clothes and accessories. The prices are reasonable and everything looked like it was in excellent or new condition. I can't wait to go back and pick up something for myself.
8. I chopped my hair off! I've been wanting a bob for a while and decided to just go for it. It feels fresh and new and different--I love it. A huge thanks to Chase at Salon Benjamin in West Hollywood.
Follow me on Instagram @sweetsandhearts!
bloglovin' . gfc . facebook . twitter . instagram