|Beauty Box 5 Review: February 2015|
Beauty Box 5 is a subscription service that delivers a mix of five full-size and sample beauty products to your door every month for just $12. They aim to introduce customers to new brands and products, including some that are niche, luxury, and eco-friendly. It's a great way to discover new beauty faves!
It's time for another Beauty Box 5 un-boxing! I'm glad I got to try some more eye makeup, but I was most looking forward to testing out the tingling mud max. It's fun pampering yourself every once in a while with luxurious face products. Bonus: BB5 even included a $20 gift card to use at Marsk, a natural and organic makeup brand, so that was pretty cool!
|Beauty Box 5 Review: February 2015 (c/o)|
- Revlon - Colorstay Nail Enamel in "Spanish Moss" - This nail polish applies smoothly (no bubbles!) and comes in a wide range of shades. The brush is contoured so that it applies cleanly around the edges, too. It was completely opaque in two coats. Swatch below.
- Marsk - Mineral Eye Shadow in "Vanilla Frosting" - I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderfully shimmery this eye shadow was! It's a loose mineral shadow that's subtle enough to use as a highlighter. Swatch below.
- Absolute New York - Absolute Love Lip Balm in "Strawberry" - Lightweight with a hint of strawberry, this lip balm also has the slightest pink tint. Pucker up!
- GlamGlow - Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (smaller size available here) - My favorite sample in the box! You apply this mud mask in a thin layer, leave on for 10 minutes (it has a pleasant, cooling sensation while it dries up), and rinse off with warm water in a circular motion, using your hands to exfoliate your face. It made my skin so soft, and my complexion immediately improved. My only complaint is that the sample size wasn't bigger ;)
- Avon - Big Color Eye Pencil in "Feeling Natural" - So easy to use! This creamy eye shadow pencil applies smoothly and is sheer with a light shimmer--just glide it on your eyelids and you're good to go! The "Feeling Natural" shade I got works well as a highlighter too. It's neutral and would work well with all skintones. Swatch below.
Avon - Big Color Eye Pencil in "Natural Vibe" , Marsk - Mineral Eye Shadow in "Vanilla Frosting", Revlon - Colorstay Nail Enamel Polish in "Spanish Moss"
Hope you enjoyed this month's Beauty Box 5 review!
If you want to discover new beauty faves and receive 5 surprise products a month too, you can join Beauty Box 5 here!
You can also browse their shop here for individual products.
bloglovin' . gfc . facebook . twitter . instagram