I used to post more photos of my nails, but I started to get a little lazy and didn't feel like getting all creative in the nail art department. then yesterday, I was super inspired after seeing Erica's watermelon pedicure on fashion meets food and thought I'd attempt to re-create the look on my own fingernails and toes!
It actually wasn't as hard as i thought it would be! Just be patient and try to keep your hands as steady as possible. It also helps if you're a little ambidextrous, but if not, you can ask your friend to help paint your other hand for you. :)
here's a little tutorial to help you:
- Apply clear nail polish/base coat and let dry.
- Paint your nails with 2 coats of pink (or red!) nail polish. Let dry.
- Use green nail polish to paint a green stripe french-tip style across you nails.
- With the black detailing nail polish (i've seen these at forever 21 for cheap!), carefully dot on "seeds". It helps to practice this part on a piece of paper first, so you can determine how the seeds will look.
- Seal with a clear topcoat.
here are the polishes i used:
Rimmel Play Fast in "Camouflage", Goldie nail polish in pink, L.A. Colors Art Deco detail polish in black
|Pastel Watermelon Nails|